Emirates Consulting Group
The Business Development Specialist will be a key new member of the Business Development team. This global function will be responsible to manage various aspects that support Business Development (Partnerships / Strategic Alliance) activities for the company. Primary responsibilities include the development of Commercial, Reseller, and Strategic Alliance Agreements and then acting as a primary point of contact for post-deal oversight.
- Identify, research, and develop future business development opportunities
- Source new partnering opportunities to advance goals and bring them forward to business leaders to ensure alignment
- Lead and co-lead pre-deal activities including identifying opportunity, negotiating term sheet, developing business cases, preparing presentations on the opportunity for executive leadership and coordinating with legal and other departments on closing of the opportunity
- Key (and oftentimes primary) business contact for post-deal management including resolving contractual issues, managing and negotiating any amendments and preparing post-deal reporting to the executive team
- Managing revenue from partnerships including revenue risk mitigation and driving new ideas to grow revenue from existing partnership
- Day to day partnering with Director and Vice President level leaders across the organization from deal creation through ongoing relationship. Strong communication and partnership skills is a must.
- Leading quarterly partnership reviews with key internal stakeholders and drafting and publishing report to the executive team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math, Engineering, or other quantitative field of study required
- 5 – 8 years related experience in business development or procurement
- Experience working with C-level executives
- Proven track record of working with rapidly changing deadlines and having an ability to move in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player with a history of working well across organizations with folks at the Director and Vice President level
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Displays independent decision making and accountability
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications