Emirates Consulting Group
The Business Development Specialist will be responsible for conducting Strategic Business Development to new targets within both prospect and existing accounts, with the objective of introducing/positioning products and services to key decision-makers to drive activity through the initial phases of the sales cycle and to create marketing qualified leads for the sales force.
- Conduct Strategic Business Development as part of follow-up with prospects who have responded to our Marketing Activities (Events & Tradeshows, Webcasts, Ads, Collateral on our website, Software Evals, etc.) with the objective of creating marketing qualified leads for the sales force. This will often, but not always, be associated with setting up an initial meeting between the prospect and the assigned Account Executive.
- Work with Product Marketing and Sales teams to become knowledgeable in all our products and services such that the Business Development Representative is able to effectively and persuasively target the value proposition of products and services to specified pain points for the right buyer profile and to communicate our products’ differentiation in a clear and compelling way that drives interest and results in marketing qualified leads/initial meetings. This includes mastering product training as well as guideline call scripts for multiple products and multiple buyer profiles.
- Perform contact discovery where necessary as part of the Business Development process to more effectively target Business Development efforts (i.e. – prospect identification and discovery of contact information)
- Maintain daily activities in system of record, tracking interactions with prospects and customers (Experience with salesforce.com preferred).
- Provide daily/weekly updates to manager on individual activity.
- Motivation, Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer-Focus.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Prior business development experience preferred
- Strong telephone and prospecting (cold-calling) skills
- Understanding of enterprise software/B2B high tech industry a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Goal-oriented, highly confident, self-motivated
- Excellent organizational skills
- Adaptable to new challenges