Emirates Consulting Group
Our client, a well-known, well-established real estate developer in UAE is looking for a highly experienced & professional Head of Finance/ DGM-Finance for its Dubai branch.
Responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of company operations. Provide leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting, feasibility, and corporate finance functions.
Job Description :
- Assist the CEO and Executive Management in the decision-making process on all strategic & day to day issues by providing all the necessary inputs. Contribute to meeting the overall objectives of the company.
- Ensure sufficient liquidity to manage the day-to-day operations at any given point of time and deployment of additional funds in deposits to earn interest.
- Ensure effective management of the company finances. Liaise and negotiate with various banks & financial institutions for arranging debt funding for various projects undertaken directly by the company or in joint ventures with any other partners.
- Develop business plans and budgets for the company at the group level and for all the joint ventures, subsidiaries and associate companies and keep updating it on a periodic basis.
- Evaluating ongoing projects and owned/managed properties in terms of financial performance.
- Review of all the legal documents to be entered with JV partners and negotiate for the benefit of the company
- Carry out extensive feasibility studies before selection and identification of any project directly or with any partner and provide input for management decision making,
- Direct the preparation of all financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, tax returns.
- Implement systems & procedures to ensure the efficient & effective internal controls & risk management processes are in place. Ensure compliance with statutory requirements & prudent corporate Governance practices. Carry out any necessary internal audit reviews & monitor the financial effectiveness of systems & controls.
- Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company to include budgeting, financial planning, real estate, and conservation of assets.
- Supervise investment of funds; work with banks and/or financial institutions to raise additional capital as required for expansion/projects.
- Develop and implement finance, accounting, internal operations, and auditing SOPS.
- Interact with other departmental heads to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Oversee financial management of all the projects, SPVs, subsidiary and associate companies to include developing financial and budget policies and procedures.
- Reviewing project costing and pricing and ensure that they are in line with the current market value. Review reports to analyse projections of costs and profit against actual figures, budgeted expenses against final totals, and suggests methods of improving the planning process as appropriate
- Interact with Joint Venture partners on financial feasibility reports, clarify expectations, seek clarity where required and reach common understanding.
- Initiate and supervise development of a 5-year corporate plan of the company. Facilitate the undertaking of gap analysis, market analysis, and segmentation studies to forecast business opportunities over the next 5 years.
- CPA or equivalent
- 15-20 years of experience preferably in the real estate industry as CFO or head of finance.
- Strategic planning and vision
- Excellent Leadership and organizational skills
- Financial Planning and Budgeting
- Investment Management
- P&L management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Strong communication and people management