Emirates Consulting Group
The Web Content Specialist creates, edits, and manages content on the University’s website(s), with a focus on compelling, accurate, and search engine optimized (SEO) content. Responsible for tracking, analyzing, and reporting on website analytics, and recommend and implement updates to improve web performance.
- Works with internal clients and subject matter experts to create and update compelling content for the University’s websites and ensure adherence with branding guidelines.
- Establishes and maintains a content review schedule, conducts trainings for web content editors as necessary, and helps manage activities in order to increase organic search rankings.
- Understands internal clients’ goals and marketing plans and work with them to research, develop, and write appropriate and engaging content for their websites.
- Develops and implements an ongoing review plan for web content accuracy and standards.
- Conducts a variety of research for web projects and provides analysis and recommendations as necessary.
- Participates in ongoing implementation of SEO recommendations and works to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented.
- Performs ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization, and uses results to optimize copy and landing pages in order to drive visitors to websites/landing pages.
- Updates the website with approved content as necessary via the content management system (CMS).
- Implements ongoing web accessibility updates to ensure website compliance with accessibility standards.
- Develops strong working relationships with team members, internal clients, and departments
- Coordinates multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, driving follow-up and awareness of deadlines both within marketing team and with the client.
- Builds and maintains assigned client relationships, keeps informed on project status and additional requirements, and provides information on new or enhanced services.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Two (2) years of experience performing related duties.
- Experience with basic HTML and keyword research tools, web content management systems, knowledge in web analytics and web accessibility tools and standards and experience in using graphic design tools for basic photo editing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, and an aptitude for making quick, quality decisions.
- Strong sense of customer service, and consistently interacts with clients with a high standard of professionalism.
- Strong organizational skills and able to independently manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.