Emirates Consulting Group
The Web Content Specialist is part of the digital team within the Division of Communications and External Relations, reporting to the Web Content Coordinator, providing critical assistance to enhance and maintain the digital presence of Institute as an institution of academic excellence, a center for innovation, and the nucleus of a strong community. Duties include proactively guiding and collaborating with the FIT community of web page owners; assisting with both internal and externally facing web content by providing support for development of new and existing web pages; updating institutional pages on a daily basis; performing quality assurance of institute’s website by reviewing reports from web monitoring software; gathering assets for web pages; creating analytical reports on web and digital activity.
- Perform the day-to-day oversight of web content by monitoring activity of the college’s network of web publishers.
- Liaison with other institutional web editors to respond to web requests and needs, build new pages, and institute best practices on webpages.
- Review webpages that have been submitted by web publishers for approval in the CMS.
- Create, edit, and monitor new and existing web pages in the CMS.
- Regularly review, monitor and make recommendations to ensure best practices and results for SEO and SEM.
- Produce analytics reports using Google Analytics and report regularly on website activity.
- Manage requests for e-blasts, assist in building templates, and send e-newsletters for marketing campaigns and other communications.
- Assist with creating or resizing images for webpages for CER and web publishers in other units.
- Gather and organize assets needed for web content builds (images, video, copy, etc.).
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years of appropriate web content experience.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Background in web marketing communications.
- Knowledge of best practices of web content, including copy, images, SEO, tagging, link usage, keywords.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to write and/or copy edit for the web and other digital platforms and providing editorial assistance to FIT web publishers and CER colleagues as needed.
- Understanding of the basis for and have experience with web accessibility guidelines (WCAG 2.0) and their implementation in web content.
- Ability to maintain a consistent voice and brand across a variety of web platforms.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, or similar photo editing program, WordPress, and G Suite.
- Understanding of a variety of web platform functionalities to enhance digital properties outside of the CMS (YouTube, Livestream, WordPress, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey).
- Attention to detail in all aspects of work required.
- Web design or wireframing experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently.
- Desire to work in a creative and academic environment, or previous work in the arts, nonprofits, or similar institutions.