Emirates Consulting Group
General Compliance – Assisting the Head of Compliance with:
- ensuring that adequate systems and procedures exist to enable the organization to comply with its regulatory requirements
- training all branch staff on compliance to ensure that they are aware of and understand their responsibilities in relation to compliance
- localizing group policies & procedures and periodic review of the same to ensure that they are appropriate and up-to-date
- monitoring the branch’s conduct of business to ensure that any breaches of the rules are identified quickly and dealt with responsibly
- ensuring that existing and proposed data processing and information systems, wherever located, support compliance requirements and, where applicable, assist with the continuous review of the business
- providing timely advice to internal clients.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Corporate and Investment Banking work experience across compliance advisory, financial crime compliance and internal controls.
- Experience of working with Data Protection regulations is desirable.
- An understanding of the financial regulatory framework in the Middle East region including tolerated practices for business on a cross-border basis and specifically the regulations of the Dubai Financial Service Authority (DFSA).
- Understanding of financial services regulations of UAE and Saudi Arabia (specifically the CMA) is desirable.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deal with problems in a practical and common-sense way and make sound decisions (commercial approach and understanding of issues facing the firm).
- Ability to work with independence and autonomy.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to produce high quality advice.
- Fluent English is essential, and whilst not essential, fluency in French or Arabic would be desirable.
- Qualifications in Audit, Law or Compliance.