Emirates Consulting Group
One of our clients from a leading Travel and Tourism Industry is seeking for an experienced Travel Consultant. The incumbent will be responsible to manage the complete travel requirements of the corporate client, which involves conducting research and collecting information on the destinations, flights & hotels which suits the clients requirements and also will be the first point of contact to provide travel details and up-selling of related product and this within the guidelines of our company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling incoming travel requests (booking tickets, hotels, transfers &, etc) by email & phone.
- Research various destinations and means of travel regarding fares, customs, weather conditions &, etc.
- Follow the client’s process of ordering tickets/services.
- Follow the process of seeking appropriate approvals before offering services.
- Actively up-selling and cross-selling our various products
- Diagnose the client’s specifications and wishes and suggest suitable travel packages
- To promote special IT & Corporate fares for all packages to maximize profits.
- To provide feedback on the daily operational processes and commercial relationships with key personnel.
- To comply with company regulations while making the itinerary.
- To use only company-approved suppliers/vendors.
- IATA certificate
- Other relevant supporting certificates related to leisure travel & auxiliary courses
- Computer literate in MS Office & Windows Planning, organizing, strategic thinking, and analytical skills
- Able to use GDS for flights booking, online hotels & rail booking systems for other ground arrangement bookings
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the travel or airline industry
- Competencies To tailor make and customize trip plans, and itineraries for Business/Holidays packages as per clientele requirements.
- Geographical knowledge Knowledge of various Business/Holidays destination in the world.
- Negotiation & persuasion skills with clients and vendors